If you love 2D gaming, sci-fi anything, Minecraft, Terraria, or just you know, having a good time, then I implore you to pick you Starbound on Steam. It's currently in beta, so there are character wipes and balancing issues, but it's one of the most interesting games I've played in a while. Basically, you start out stranded on a 2D world with nothing but your Matter Manipulator (all-purpose tool) and you have to survive the elements and gather fuel to make it off the planet. Once you do that, you can fight bosses, adventure with friends, build a fortress, discover dungeons, whatever you want.
You can even find instruments, and do this:
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
Latest from Jason Nawara
- Whoa, is this really the Bellator PPV price?
- The Superchat discusses the temporal anomaly known as 'Time Debt' and Gary has a ****fest
- Don't ruin the Thai New Year or you will face pro Muay Thai fighters for your transgressions
- Gunnar Nelson is going to grapple EVE Online devs during EVE's fanfest... wut.
- We talk to EA UFC Director Brian Hayes about EA UFC (duh), and what we can expect out of the game