Does anyone else remember the state-wide ban Oklahoma placed on MMA back in 2012 that was later repealed 32 days later when they realized that it was just a really horrible idea? Well I do, and through the power of a Google search engine you can too.
It's safe to say this temporary ban on MMA didn't negatively affect the on-going circuits of inmate street MMA that was going on in the Avalon Correctional Center located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Of course the greatest thing about all of this is the correctional officers were not only 'sanctioning' the fights, they were also taking bets and dispersing cash winnings. That's a pretty kleptocratic model for any fight promotion -- they should have brought an external third-party for the betting. You know, make things a little transparent.
Check out this clip obtained from The Oklahoman of the alleged inmate fight club, and props to Mike Hackler for the find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Never forget these ridiculously sloppy punches were exchanged at UFC London...
- Check out Sh*t people tweeted @MiddleEasy during UFC London
- Alexander Gustafsson just made knocking out Jimi Manuwa look easy at UFC London
- Eduardo Dantas may have pulled off submission of the year at Bellator 111
- Lavar Johnson manifested absolute brutality in the Bellator heavyweight tournament