Throw on your tinfoil hats and classify this article as another MMA conspiracy theory. MiddleEasyer 'Penis Magician' (yeah, that's his actual name) pointed out that on April 25th 2008, Spike.com published an article of the 'top ten UFC fights we want to see' and coming in at #1 was current Bellator PPV headliner, Rampage Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz. They even made a mini poster for it. Check out the entry entry below.
1. Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz
Why we Want See it: Legitimately good friends (Jackson said he stayed away from the UFC out of respect for Ortiz as they fight at the same weight) the promos alone would be great. Both are strong wrestlers with Jackson possessing incredible knockout power (ask Liddell) and Ortiz seemingly always finding a way to impose his will on most fighters.
Odds of Happening: 83% - This is the last true dream match the UFC could put on. Make them both Ultimate Fighter 9 coaches and let these two build up their match to a record breaking UFC PPV match.
Agree? Disagree? Let your voice be heard. What match-up do you want to see that you think we left out and vote on which match-up on the list you want to see most.
Also, giant LOL to their #2 entry, GSP vs. Anderson Silva. Five years removed and that's still the fight people want to see -- a fight the MMA world will most likely never see. Props to Penis Magician on the +100 news tip.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Watch Rampage Jackson use Django Unchained as a microcosm for race relations in Germany and the US
- Rampage Jackson would happily break the knees of 'dirty fighter' Jon Jones so he can't fight again
- Rampage doesn't care about fighting Hendo again because 'he sucks'
- Watch this animated trailer of Street Soldier, featuring Rampage Jackson
- We're not sure what's more awkward: Larry King interviewing Rampage Jackson or Tito Ortiz
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Watch this skeptic completely debunk Empty Force Martial Arts in this hilariously revealing video
- This 7-second one-punch KO will solve all of your life problems, or your money back
- Conor McGregor has been surgically repaired, now watch him hit this heavybag
- The UFC is hosting an all female TUF show with Invicta FC fighters starting May 2014
- Win 2 FLOOR TICKETS to UFC on FOX 9 by identifying these microscopic fighters!