Throw on your tinfoil hats and classify this article as another MMA conspiracy theory. MiddleEasyer 'Penis Magician' (yeah, that's his actual name) pointed out that on April 25th 2008, Spike.com published an article of the 'top ten UFC fights we want to see' and coming in at #1 was current Bellator PPV headliner, Rampage Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz. They even made a mini poster for it. Check out the entry entry below.
1. Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz
Why we Want See it: Legitimately good friends (Jackson said he stayed away from the UFC out of respect for Ortiz as they fight at the same weight) the promos alone would be great. Both are strong wrestlers with Jackson possessing incredible knockout power (ask Liddell) and Ortiz seemingly always finding a way to impose his will on most fighters.
Odds of Happening: 83% - This is the last true dream match the UFC could put on. Make them both Ultimate Fighter 9 coaches and let these two build up their match to a record breaking UFC PPV match.
Agree? Disagree? Let your voice be heard. What match-up do you want to see that you think we left out and vote on which match-up on the list you want to see most.
Also, giant LOL to their #2 entry, GSP vs. Anderson Silva. Five years removed and that's still the fight people want to see -- a fight the MMA world will most likely never see. Props to Penis Magician on the +100 news tip.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
- Wait, Rampage Jackson is still calling out James Toney?
- The Bellator PPV post-fight press conference was wrapped in confusion and mystery
- Be a part of history and watch Bellator's first PPV weigh-ins, right here at 3pm PST / 6pm EST
- You've never seen Rampage Jackson and Mayhem Miller do professional wrestling, until today
- As you suspected, Rampage Jackson's house is superior to yours
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- This is my last article on MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!