Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson are set to 'takeover' ESPN this week with a number of appearances on the variety of shows the channel has to offer. Now that FOX Sports 1 is the home of UFC (and natural rivals of ESPN), it would be senseless for ESPN to promote a product that is exclusive to their competitor's platform. To combat this, ESPN has decided to go with Bellator and their offering of Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson which will be going down in a PPV event later this year.
Got to admit, it's pretty damn clever. However what wasn't clever is the fact that ESPN referred to Tito Ortiz and Rampage Jackson as 'UFC Stars' instead of Bellator or TNA stars. Someone in the ESPN office is getting reprimanded for this one. Props to Reddit for the find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!
- Ben Askren brings up some pretty valid points regarding the 2014 World Cup