Perhaps your reaction was similar to Wanderlei Silva's when Chael Sonnen slapped a nasty guillotine on Shogun Rua to earn a first-round victory over a guy many thought he would lose to. Two Pride FC veterans were finished in the first round at UFC on FOX Sports 1, and I'm sure if you look deeper into that statistics it reveals some intricate meaning about the Pride FC roster that you will probably ignore. Gone are the days of Pride FC competition steamrolling entire divisions in the UFC -- I mean even Anderson Silva got it in the end.
It's sad to see your heroes fall, especially when they fought aside you years ago. Team Chutebox members Wanderlei Silva and Shogun Rua gave us the infamous grappling photo which turned into the 'BJJ isn't gay if you don't make eye contact' meme. They've been buds for years, despite changing affiliations. So when Wanderlei Silva watches his old teammate get submitted by a guy that he vehemently dislikes -- frustrating isn't even the appropriate word to describe the emotion coursing through Wand's veins. Check out this live video reaction captured at a bar in Barrie, Ontario, Canada and props to @pegson for the find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- The height difference between Ilir Latifi and Cyrille Diabiate at UFC London is pretty hilarious
- People are actually taking Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. seriously
- And here it is, the Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jimi Manuwa weigh-in face off at UFC London
- So this is what a digital Ronda Rousey looks like in EA Sports UFC
- Jimi Manuwa is guaranteeing he will finish Alexander Gustafsson at UFC London