Last night while I was rummaging through my backpack of broken promises to my ex-girlfriend, I found this gem hidden deep within the MMA vaults. Back in 2009, Tito Ortiz and Dana White made up -- and subsequently made out. Of course, this happened just a year before the two were supposed to have a sanctioned boxing match to settle their beef. For all intents and purposes, Ortiz and White wanted to metaphorically kill each other. Not like when you stole your roommate's nacho dip and he told you he was going to kill you (and somehow get his nacho dip back through senseless, cold-blooded murder) or when you got into a car accident and the other driver hops out of his vehicle and says 'I'm going to kill you -- but first we need to swap insurance information.' Not at all. The rivalry between the two reached epic proportions, which nearly forced Tito Ortiz to sign with Affliction and take on Fedor Emelianenko in late 2008.
Fortunately cooler heads prevailed, and Dana White realized that a millionaire civilian taking on a fighter in a boxing match was a really dumb thing to do. The UFC did air a special hyping up the match that never was, and in this edition of Blast to the Past we want to show you the entire one-hour long special. It's Friday, you've earned the right to slack off for the rest of the day. Now enjoy.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Heads up Southern California, U of MMA goes down today at 4pm in Club Nokia
- Sure we'll watch Matt Horwich talk about quantum physics while looking like an albino Jimi Hendrix
- Watch Rampage Jackson use Django Unchained as a microcosm for race relations in Germany and the US
- Let's not forget this happened during Julie Kedzie's UFC Fight Night 33 weigh-in
- Watch Mirko Cro Cop host a drunken brawl in his backyard in Croatia