My only problem with these Roman/Greek period pieces is that everyone speaks really proper English. In reality, a film like Hercules should be subtitled throughout, or Hercules needs to speak like Super Mario. If historical preservation is key, we must not forget the language and dialect during that Greco-Roman era. Seriously, should we expect The Rock to pull off a Manchester accent because he's playing a divine Greek hero?
If we're going to get into it, Hercules is technically my son, so he should speak with a slight Southern Californian accent, and use the phrase 'hella cool' pretty frequently in the movie. Regardless, The Rock is Hercules, and there's even a trailer for it. Check it out and props to stevemcawesome for the +100 find.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- This is my last article on MiddleEasy
- The 20 most historical UFC posters in all of MMA history
- Dana White's UFC 175 vlog is here, and the guy is a social butterfly
- Pat Barry released another one of his weird videos, if you're into that sort of thing
- Blast to the Past: Lyoto Machida drinks a female reporter's urine, nasty!