Remember in the late 90’s early 2000’s when skateboarding was literally the coolest thing ever? This coincided with spelling everything with a X, much like Mortal Kombat spelling things with a k but much more XTREME! What caused this uprise in xtreme skateboarding? Well, you can clearly point to one thing and that’s the success of the Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater video game series. I spent countless hours trying to map out the perfect grind to get the highest score possible.
Now this brings us to Connecticut bad ass Nick Newell. Outside of Steamed Cheeseburgers (trust me, it sounds weird, but it’s delicious in every way possible) he’s the best part about Connecticut. Unless you want to count the Bob Backlund living here, that’s pretty cool, I guess.
What do you get when you combined steamed cheeseburgers with skate boarding? Well… I’m not quite sure to be honest, maybe a mountain dew flavored steamed cheeseburger? That’s besides the point, but what you get when you combine Nick Newell and skateboarding is this.
Latest from Gary LaPlante
- Throwback Thursday: Remember that time Leon Spinks wrestled Tarzan Goto?
- Hendricks vs Lawler is still the best fight of 2014, so let's watch it again, together
- Want a piece of MMA history? Jose Canseco is selling his finger on Ebay
- Max Kellerman, Virgil Hunter and Timothy Bradley talk Pacquiao/Algieri and it's wonderful
- Floyd Mayweather bought his son a Bentley golf cart for his 15th birthday