Conor McGregor Announces Intent For UFC Return Fans have been wanting to know when Conor McGregor will be returning to the UFC. That wait appears to be over, as he recently announced his intent to return to action. McGregor has been out of competition since his UFC 229 loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov. Since then, he has been in and out of trouble with the law. Most recently, he has been dealing with an assault charge in Dublin, as well as a pair of sexual assault allegations. Therefore there has been a sour taste in the mouth of fans, as of late. Combine that, with the fact that after most UFC events, McGregor sends out a tweet calling out everybody. As a result, people have just been looking to have him get back into the cage, and stay out of trouble. It was recently announced that McGregor was going to be attending a press conference, in Moscow. At this presser, he was inevitably asked about when his UFC return could be. As noted by Ariel Helwani, Conor McGregor revealed that he will be returning\u00a0to the UFC at the beginning of the year. He said that he will be getting back to action on January 18th, at the T-Mobile Arena, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Conor McGregor announces at a press conference in Moscow this AM that he has agreed to return to action on Jan. 18 in. T-Mobile. He did not name the opponent. Fight isn\u2019t signed. Two leading candidates are Cerrone and Gaethje. Cerrone is the frontrunner at this time, I\u2019m told. As Helwani states, there is no set opponent yet, for McGregor to face. However, it seems that Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone is the frontrunner for the return fight. Additionally, Justin Gaethje is being considered. Both men have been in McGregor's sights for some time now. Therefore, either one is a fight fans would like to see. While getting back to fighting does not completely amend the issues that have been plaguing Conor McGregor, it is still a place to start. It looks like January 18th maybe when we see that happen.