Did we just witness two GOATs on the same night? UFC 232 delivered and the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill approves.
With great events, come great rumors.
Regardless of their place in MMA’s history, Jon Jones and Amanda Nunes had a hell of a Saturday night. Whether we’re too quick to give GOAT crowns, we are, Jones and Nunes capped off an interesting year for UFC.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Here’s a free New Year’s resolution, spend more time with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Rumors continue to swirl Floyd Mayweather and Tenshin Nasukawa are unsure about how their match will go. It remains unclear what the intensity level of the fight will be until the bell for round one sounds.
- Rumors are Zuffa boxing is getting a second life. As part of an UFC Fight Pass overhaul, the promotion will look to sign boxers in 2019.
- Not a big secret but the UFC has reinvested a lot of capital in improving Fight Pass. Rumor is the end game for UFC is go head to head with DAZN as a combat sport streaming service.
- Huge if true but looks the UFC has talked DC in taking two more fights. One heavyweight title defense plus a Jones fight looks like DC’s path for 2019.
- Rumor is the UFC is encouraging Jon Jones to move up to heavyweight. If not DC, the promotion is having a hard time finding contenders for Jones.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.