The center of the MMA Universe was Dublin and Prague for at least one. That’s what’s great about MMA rumors and our sport, it truly is worldwide.
For better or worse, some form of MMA is popular on pretty much every corner of the globe. On Saturday the UFC and Bellator went global and passionate fans got their shot at watching live MMA at the highest levels.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
February is almost over. You did it. Celebrate the coldest month of the year with a hot cup of Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- With the lightweight division now set-up for the remainder of the year, rumor is the UFC is turning it’s attention elsewhere. Rumor is Tony Ferguson vs. Nate Diaz is now being discussed. Tony vs. Nate may be targeted for a summer UFC pay-per-view.
- Rumors of Khabib Nurmagomedov being left behind may be true. Rumor is the lightweight champ may be on the shelf for most of 2019.
- UFC heavyweight Stefan Struve was rumored to be contemplating retirement for several months. Per usual, it may come down to lack of money that forces Struve into early retirement.
- Though it’s early, rumors are Mackenzie Dern won’t return to MMA after the birth of her first child. A return to the pro grappling is believed to be more likely.
- With lack of contenders in the division, rumors have picked up that Thiago Santos may be in line for a title shot. Santos’ title opportunity may come at the end of the year, with or without another win.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.