Some people say everything happens for reason. MMA rumors happen for many reasons after a classic UFC-Rizin doubleheader.
The final three fights of UFC 241 were a magically journey into the soul of MMA. Our sport needs Romero versus Costa shenanigans. There is nothing like MMA heavyweight comebacks. MMA is a much better place when a Diaz Brother is running wild through it.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Embrace the never-ending summer and dive head first into your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Word is UFC and Dana White are dedicating a tremendous amount of resources to launch Zuffa Boxing. UFC is building the promo from the ground up. Expect a lot of UFC and Zuffa Boxing cross-promoting in the coming months.
- Rumor is UFC will be opening boxing specific performance centers in both Mexico and possibly Puerto Rico
- Max Holloway’s next fight is still up in the air. Rumor is UFC is not set on an opponent but may want a Holloway fight by December.
- Huge if true, but rumors during fight week is that UFC wants Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor 3. UFC may have proposed the idea to Diaz to run back the trilogy in 2020.
- Rumors point to Daniel Cormier retiring after UFC 241. At 40-years-of-age, Cormier was on the fence about continuing to fight even with a win.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.