Sometimes you need a fight card to live up to the hype. Other times you want real MMA rumors. Then there are this weekend when you get both.
UFC 239 on paper was one of the best the promotion could offer in 2019. Rarely does the UFC stack their pay-per-view cards anymore. UFC 239 looked epic and it delivered tenfold.
Good on UFC, good for MMA.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Set off some fireworks you earned it. You also earned a poolside date with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Word is Jon Jones not very Jon Jones performance at UFC 239 will not change a future move to heavyweight. Jones vs. DC is still the fight UFC wants to make.
- Amanda Nunes next fight will be at 145. Rumor is the UFC is already working on new deal for Cris Cyborg. Nunes versus Cyborg in December is UFC’s plan.
- If there ever was any doubt, Jorge Masvidal is now next in line for a 170 title shot. With a win at UFC 239, Masvidal has leapfrogged everyone in the UFC’s eyes.
- Huge if true, but if DC does retire, the UFC has a backup plan. Jones next title shot will go to Dominick Reyes, Jan Błachowicz or a darkhorse is Yoel Romero at 205.
- Rumors are Ronda Rousey will return to WWE sooner than expected. A possible end of the summer appearance is in play for Rousey and WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.