Hola from Brazil, the former fight capitol of MMA. As the shadow of UFC 229 looms large, the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill will stare directly at the sun so you don’t have to.
This week in MMA, Kid Yamamoto left us and Conor McGregor returned to us. Knowing Kid he was probably a huge fan of Mac. In a different Universal plane of existence Kid would have moved up to 145 pounds, fought Mac on New Year’s Eve in Japan and this all would have happened on some kind of Pride-K-1 super-show.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Fortunes favor the bold but they also favor the rumors, so here is your fresh new Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Now that he is officially reinstated, rumors are picking up that the UFC may pivot away from DC vs. Brock. The new talk is the UFC is quickly falling in love with the idea of Jon Jones vs. Brock Lesnar in 2019.
- Speaking of Jones, rumors point to Bones getting in fight shape dating way back to July. Team Jones knew the USADA deal was coming and are ready for a fight in November if need be.
- Just like the addition of the women’s flyweight belt, rumors are the UFC wants to add another men’s title. Adding 165 and 195 pound titles are being discussed internally by the UFC in 2019.
- A update on Brock Lesnar returning to the WWE has him taking one or more matches before his UFC return. Lesnar is already scheduled to return to the WWE ring in the first week of November for a title match.
- Rumor killer but it looks like talk of Cris Cyborg coming over to the WWE have been shot down this week. The WWE may have listened out of courtesy/respect but have no real interest in the 33-year-old fighter.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.