Fedor fought last night and the aftershock of UFC 229 still looms large. The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill acknowledges our GOAT and pays our respects.
As always these are rumors
that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors
Sleep in a little, you earned it, then spend a little time with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- More fallout from UFC 229 is slowly leaking out. The latest rumor is Conor McGregor was sick in the weeks leading up to UFC 229. Not just a common cold but a heavy dose of antibiotics was given to Mac and it cut into his training.
- Huge if true but the other rumor out there is that Conor McGregor was dealing with personal issue on the night of UFC 229. No word on what it exactly was but rumors point to something to do with his family.
- The winner of the upcoming Cat Zingano vs. Megan Anderson match-up will earn the a tittle shot. The UFC may have locked themselves into a mini 145 pound tournament.
- The price point for the upcoming Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz pay per view will be $49.99. The number was rumored to be discussed for weeks before landing at the $50 number.
- Early trends and rumors point to UFC 229 being bigger than expected at the box office. Thanks to the Floyd Mayweather bump Conor McGregor’s return fight did better than expected in terms of pay per view buys.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.