Combat sports is in a good place. Yes, the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill and combat sports have risen from the dead yet again like The Undertaker.
The act of watching two humans fight for money will never die.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
You made it until December. Bundle up by the campfire and listen to your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill tell mythical tales of MMA rumors.
- Despite rumors to the contrary, Conor McGregor and the UFC will likely book his next fight for a title. Reports are if Dustin Poirier is next for Mac, it would be for the newly minted UFC 165 pound title.
- Rumors of McGregor going up to 170 pounds for his next fight have been snuffed out this week.
- No other way to say it but Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz and Golden Boy MMA were disappointed with their debut on PPV. Pay-per-view buys are a little higher than reported but did not come close to the original 100K projections.
- Bellator finally booked their money fight between Paul Daley and MVP this week. Rumors are the fighters and promotion wanted it in England but were overruled by their TV partners.
- With the WWE moving to Fox in 2019, rumor is Ronda Rousey may be the new focal point. Friday night SmackDown and Rousey are rumored to be getting a huge push in 2019.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.