UFC Fight Island 5
UFC Fight Island 5 was arguably one of the greatest “Fight Night” cards in UFC plus. Additionally, the card now serves as the home for one of, if not, the greatest knockouts in the history of the sport. So much so, that Joaquin Buckley walked out of Abu Dhabi $50k richer. However, as exciting as the card was, the rumor mill is just as compelling.
Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher-ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Authority always wins and so does the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill. Celebrate one of these on the seventh day of this great week.
- UFC rising bantamweight Sean O’Malley received a lot of criticism after his loss to Marlon Vera at UFC 252. Publically, he made excuses instead of respecting his opponent. Before the fight began, O’Malley was begging for highly ranked opponents.
- Now, the word on the street is that the UFC would be interested in booking O’Malley for the return of TJ Dillashaw.
- TJ is eligible to return on from USADA suspension on January 19th. And, with the organization hesitant to give him a title shot upon his return, the next big thing is immediate star power. Both would extremely benefit from a big win and are currently at the mercy of the UFC.
- As far as Masvidal is concerned, he is planning to sway the November election votes in the direction of Donald Trump. Jorge will be joining the Trump family on a campaign bus across Florida to rally Floridian Latinos and encourage them to vote in President Trump for a second term.
- Colby Covington allegedly did not receive the offer due to less of an impact when it comes to global reach. Clearly, star power means more than allegiance.
Send Us Anonymous Tips
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.