Bob Sapp, if you’re reading this I want to let you know that thousands of fans are about to use Jose Aldo to make your legs pay for your latest outings in the ring and cage. I know Bob Sapp Vs. bantamweight/featherweight X will be my first order of business once I can peel myself away from Diablo 3 and pop on my Xbox to make this super easy UFC 3 exploit my new offline mode of choice. For conversational purposes, I made a handy list of a few other interesting matchups we could potentially enjoy with this awesome glitch someone out there happened to stumbled upon.
- Anthony Johnson Vs. Joseph Benavidez (roleplayed like AJ made the cut to 135)
- Brock Lesnar Vs. Hendo
- Hendo Vs. anyone
- Let BJ Penn rematch Lyoto Machida
- Nick Diaz Vs. Mayhem Miller
- Ben Henderson Vs. GSP
- The Korean Zombie Vs. Cro Cop
- Roy Nelson Vs. Vitor Belfort
If you don’t want to watch the well put-together video below, here is a simple written tutorial on how to pull of this glitch from Wilson-Freak on the UFC forums:
1. Open event mode (Any name, venue, number of fights works)
2. Hit the A button on any particular match to edit the specifics of it.
3. Select the weight class of the first fighter that you want to select. Then, pick the fighter that you’d like under that particular weight class in either the red or blue corner (doesn’t matter).
4. Hit confirm before selecting the second fighter. The match should show only the competitor you selected.
5. This is the part that allows you to pick ANY other fighter in the game. Hit the A button on your match again to open it up, however, make sure that you immediately hold your left analog stick to either the left or right as soon as you hit the A button. By you holding the left analog stick, the weight class for the fight will change, but the first fighter will not be removed. Normally, changing the weight class in a match within event mode will also remove the original fighter you selected, but holding the analog stick before the fight comes up ensures that your selected fighter remains there.
6. Now, you have to get lucky in holding your analog stick to land on the desired weight class for the second fighter. When you release your analog stick, it will land on the weight class that you can now pick for your second fighter. Go to the other corner and pick the fighter that you want.
The most random aspect of this process is which weight class you land on while holding the analog stick. You can somewhat control it if you have a quick eye. If you don’t get the desired weight class though, you can always start the process from step 2 again. You can even set up an entire event with 8 different open weight fights!
Here’s THQ’s official response:
“The team is aware of this issue, but it’s unlikely it’ll be patched. We know you guys dig this “bug” and we don’t want to delay the patch any further.”