UFC 225 was a real pay-per-view. A honest, to goodness $60 or so dollars worth of entertainment was given to us by the UFC. In new world where ESPN and UFC join forces for the ultimate corporate spin on our beloved MMA, nights like these are rarer than you think. Not as rare as the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill but juicy pink in the center nonetheless.
The build and fallout from UFC 225 fight week lived up to the hype. We got drama. There was controversy. Then there was just the weirdest shit that makes us question our very MMA existence.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Before you do your next shoey out of your favorite summer footwear, cleanse your palate with some Sunday Morning Rumor Mill carbs.
- With her UFC Hall of Fame induction set for only weeks after her first WWE title match, rumors have swirled that Ronda Rousey will win her match at Money in the Bank. The look of a current WWE titleholder getting inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, may be a once in a lifetime type moment for pro wrestling.
- After losing five straight fights Rashad Evans’ 13 year run with the UFC looks to be done. The promotion has all but confirmed they want the 38-year-old Evans retired.
- Rumors say that Robert Whittaker will defend his belt next versus Chris Weidman. Injuries pending, look for Whittaker vs. Weidman to come close to the UFC’s end of the year pay-per-view.
- No matter who the opponent becomes, rumors out of the WWE have Brock Lesnar losing his Universal title in his next match. This is another sign that Lesnar wants another UFC fight very soon.
- Dropping to 0-2 and likely ready to take some pro wrestling bookings, all rumors state CM Punk won’t fight outside the UFC. Other MMA promotions will come calling but it is unlikely at the 39-years of age, Punk takes a fight in a smaller promo.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.