UFC is 205 is now only six days away and the MMA rumors swirling leading up to the event may be too much for this world. With less than a week to go, our universe crossing time paths with a world where UFC 205 has already occurred may be the only thing holding this next week in MMA back. By the time, the UFC gets to “UFC 2,005” multi-dimensional fight cards should be pretty commonplace.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
On this seemingly normal Sunday Morning teleport yourself to the Dark Dimension as you take a deep dive into your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill on November 6, 2016.
- With the success of Ronda Rousey, as well as constant links to Conor McGregor over the past year, there has been backstage talk of WWE negotiating to get a big UFC star to appear at WrestleMania 33 in Orlando. The UFC star picked would in all likelihood have nothing to do with whatever match Brock Lesnar was in.
- Vlog series, news website and other outside the cage opportunities continue to pop for Conor McGregor. Sources say these other business venture have been in preparation for the current UFC featherweight champ’s life after fighting and or an extended layoff from MMA coming up. McGregor is now releasing a training program to public based on the science that created his camp for the Nate Diaz rematch.
- It looks like the Daniel Cormier injured and out of 206 rumors were almost 99.99 % false. The buzz around camp injuries were likely related Cormier’s teammate Luke Rockhold being hurt at around the same time the UFC 206 main event was nearly scrapped.
- With a new ownership group in UFC taking hold don’t be surprised if you see changes or an overhaul of the deal with Reebok. Sources says executives on both sides are massively disappointed with the numbers thus far. With a fresh perspective from the UFC now looking at the apparel deal expect for some Reebok shake-up in 2017
- Rumors are pointing to that if Jose Aldo is forced to compete again then talks of taking a “dive” are still circling the drain much to the continued disdain of everyone in Las Vegas. If or when Aldo comes back to the UFC in 2017, Max Holloway seems to be the desired opponent from the champion and his team.
- Huge if true but the UFC has floated the idea of licensing out their name, likeness and use of The Octagon to regional promotions across the US. The UFC new ownership group’s search for new revenue continues. In theory, this may work as your favorite local promotion changing their name to “UFC San Diego”, “UFC Texas”, “UFC Miami”, etc.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.