Paddy Pimblett gave the audience more than they were expecting.
Ahead of his upcoming bout with Jordan Leavitt at UFC London, Pimblett made the weight on the official weigh-ins Friday morning. Once he had hit the mark on the scales at 156 lbs, the lightweight limit, he celebrated by taking a jab at all his doubters.
Paddy Pimblett moons to the camera
Pimblett caught heat for gaining copious amounts of weight and was criticized by former UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw for a lack of discipline. There was speculation when the fight was announced that “The Baddy” might end up pulling out due to being overweight.
After making the weight successfully, Pimblett turned around to share the view of his backside with the media. He sent the following message to everyone who doubted he could make weight.
“Everyone who tried to fat-shame me or said I would miss weight or f***ing pull out – kiss my a**.”
UFC London: Weigh-In Results
All 28 fighters made the weight for the event. The card will have the headlining bout between Curtis Blaydes and Tom Aspinall as the main event with Jack Hermansson takinng on the short notice replacement Chris Curtis in the co-main event of the night.
Main Card (ESPN+ at 3 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Blaydes (260) vs. Tom Aspinall (251)
- Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Chris Curtis (186)
- Paddy Pimblett (156) vs. Jordan Leavitt (155)
- Nikita Krylov (204) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (205)
- Molly McCann (125.5) vs. Hannah Goldy (125)
- Paul Craig (206) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (205.5)
Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 12 p.m. ET)
- Mason Jones (155.5) vs. Ludovit Klein (155)
- Marc Diakiese (156)vs. Damir Hadzovic (156)
- Nathaniel Wood (145.5) vs. Charles Rosa (145)
- Makwan Amirkhani (145.5) vs. Jonathan Pearce (145)
- Muhammad Mokaev (126) vs. Charles Johnson (125.5)
- Jai Herbert (155) vs. Kyle Nelson (155)
- Victoria Leonardo (125.5) vs. Mandy Bohm (125)
- Claudio Silva (170.5) vs. Nicolas Dalby (170)