Get ready to read about an amount of money that you, your kids and your grandkids will most likely never make (unless your name is Mark Cuban; in which case you will probably make enough to buy a third world country by the time you reach the end of this article). According to Sherdog, Fedor was offered a 6 fight UFC contract totaling an absurd $30,000,000 (that’s five million dollars a fight for those who failed 3rd grade math). A number like that will have you spinning like Yoshimitsu, but it literally had no effect on Fedor’s management (who coincidently also own M-1 Global ). Take a look at the full package Dana White offered Fedor and his camp:
– The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That’s 5 mil a fight
– The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot
– Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor’s purse.
– Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.
– The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.
Still the M-1 Global guys insist that Fedor will not enter the UFC without a co-promotion. Essentially, they want the the M-1 Global brand next to UFC on every promotional material and within the octagon. Dana White is still scheduled to make that ‘big’ announcement this Friday so we’ll just patiently wait and see. [Source]