UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley’s next opponent is shoulder surgery. He’d like to fight in March, once he returns.
McGregor’s future in MMA is as mysterious as ever. While he and his team have recently discussed potential scraps with stars like Nate Diaz and Tony Ferguson, but his recent troubles outside the octagon have casted some real doubt on his fighting career.
The only problem, Woodley said, is that the UFC lightweight champion, Conor McGregor has one demand that might keep him off the pass. Recently told MMAJunkie radio.
“From what I hear, if he’s on the card, he doesn’t want any pay-per-view grossing fighters on the card with him, Because he doesn’t want to feed us anymore, which I can respect. The dude is the draw. You can hate all you want, but he’s the draw. He’s that dude right now.”
Even BJpenn’s Chris Taylor also confirmed by tweet:
I’m told that part of Conor McGregor’s demands for his next potential UFC fight included that no other champions or pay-per-view-earning athletes would participate on the card. This was again referencing #UFC222 in March.
— Chris Taylor (@CTaylor_96) November 30, 2017
McGregor’s recent indiscretions outside the octagon aren’t the only thing that are likely to hold up his cage return. He has some pretty exceptional demands concerning a potential return to the UFC. Mcgregor wants to be certain that no other UFC champions or pay-per-view (PPV) earning fighters participating on the card that features his comeback.
UFC President Dana White said on Tuesday that he’s working on a new deal for the Mcgregor, who declared not to return to the Octagon unless he is given an ownership stake in the promotion – a demand Dana White isn’t anxious to meet.
Woodley is not amused by Conor Mcgregor’s recent controversies.
“They’ve kind of opened up the door for Conor to do whatever the hell he wants to,” Woodley told MMAjunkie in a separate interview on Wednesday. “He’s slapping commissioners and doing whatever he wants. The blueprint is kind of set for Conor to have his own set of rules, and then everybody else follows the old-school rules.”
Despite all his recklessness, Mcgregor no doubt is UFC superstar and have drawing power on PPV. Even Tyron Woodley accept that too.
Previously, both Mcgregor and Woodley clashed on Twitter before their UFC 205 scrap, so Woodley sees a logic in his demands.
“The people that are going to watch me are going to watch Conor,” Woodley said. “There are people that watch Conor that might not watch me. So I can see where he’s coming from, in basically feeding us to get pay-per-view. I really don’t have an issue with that.”
Do you think McGregor will ever return to Octagon?