Skip to Content

The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill: The Wednesday Night Edition

The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill: The Wednesday Night Edition

You know all those animals in the Cadbury commercial with the faux bunny ears? They’re all dead now. That advertisement was shot like over a decade ago. Now tell that to your kids. While you’re at it, stop putting pictures of your kids as your Facebook profile picture. That’s not even remotely close to being socially acceptable. You’re already living vicariously through your offspring. Life is over for you, you might as well give me those shoes you’re wearing and sign over your will to Wallid Ismail. It’s the only way you can prove that you’re not ‘cheeken’ in your soon-to-be posthumous state.

Oh, check out the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill – The Wednesday Night Edition. The following items are not verified, but are just what’s floating around in the MMA world. If you repost any item with the words ‘MiddleEasy reports…’ then you don’t deserve to reproduce, ever.

  • Earlier this week, Gilbert Melendez told us that he will be fighting on May 19th in Strikeforce, but it will not be against Josh Thomson. This lead to a wide range of speculation in the MMA community. The two names that were heavily mentioned was former UFC champion BJ Penn and former WEC champion, Anthony Pettis. I’ve heard that the Gilbert Melendez fight was offered to BJ Penn, but he considers himself ‘retired’ and turned it down last month. That left Anthony Pettis fighting Gilbert Melendez, a rumor that was heavily refuted by Anthony Pettis’ manager. Yesterday, I heard from a source that Takanori Gomi had a five-fight contract with the UFC and as of UFC 144, it ended. Therefore, one can only assume that Gomi could be tapped to fight Melendez. This rumor hasn’t been confirmed or refuted, but from a progressive stand point this seems like a step back for Gilbert. What’s left is Gray Maynard, Clay Guida or Strikeforce’s Bam Bam Healy.
  • An all-heavyweight main event was something the UFC wanted to do since late 2010. However a long string of unexpected injuries prevented this from taking place. Now with UFC 146, their concept has finally been realized — fingers crossed, of course.
  • Legend FC has canceled their March show in Indonesia due to low ticket sales. It appears the promotion plans to move the card to Hong Kong.
  • M-1 Global.com is no more. It appears the promotion did not pay their webmaster/IT person and it’s rumored the domain will be ‘up for grabs’ in the next few days.
  • A few people theorized that UFC leaked an unsigned Rampage vs. Shogun fight so that MMA outlets can publish the news and ‘back Rampage into a corner’ to accept the fight. Due to the fact that Rampage has asked for the fight both on Twitter and in interviews, I don’t think this is the case.
  • Brett Rogers will be fighting on Super Fight League’s second show, going down in April.
  • Urijah Faber claimed that he kicked Miesha Tate out of Team Alpha Male because she owned him money. Miesha Tate’s version of the story is somewhat different.
  • It appears MTV/Viacom is in full control of the development of the new Bellator videogame.
  • The Nevada State Athletic Commission has accused Nick Diaz of lying in his pre-fight screening at UFC 142. Apparently they claim he failed to disclose prescription medications (non-marijuana) he was taking before the bout.
  • Apparently TapouT’s ‘Punkass’ is threatening former employees of TapouT and allegedly this screen cap is proof.
  • Despite the rumors, DREAM’s next event will not be held in April.
For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
MMA is still illegal in NY, but Muay Thai is coming to Madison Square Garden and you can go for $21!
← Read Last Post
5 hilarious reactions from Japan in response to the all heavyweight UFC 146 main card as told by Google translator
Read Next Post →