Sunday mornings are nothing if you don’t spend the first 15 minutes uncontrollably vomiting. My days of eating Hooters wings are over after reading this Holy Taco article. A former employee claims whenever the company had spoiled and rotten wings, the manager would instruct the employees to toss them in a bucket of water, add bleach and stir for a few minutes. The manager stated the bleach gets rid of the smell, and frying the wings gets rid of ‘everything else.’ Disgusting.
Enjoy your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- After last night’s Strikeforce card, someone very close to Luke Rockhold (younger brother, cousin…etc) stood outside the arena at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino and repeatedly yelled ‘Keith Jardine sucks!’ Within seconds, an older lady approached the guy from behind and started pummeling him in the back of his head and right shoulder. The security guards rushed to break up the unexpected altercation. Bewildered, the guy asked who started attacking him for no apparent reason. A security guard simply responds with ‘That was Keith Jardine’s mom.’
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Ovince St. Preux is on tap for Spring 2012. You heard it first.
- After BJ Penn made his statements against Cesar Gracie and Nick Diaz on Twitter, another statement was made on his Facebook that seemed to deescalate the entire beef. Within minutes, Penn got on his Facebook and essentially admitted that a PR person accessed his account, and that people need to understand that he’s really angry with Cesar Gracie. On a sidenote, this past Friday I had a phone conversation that 100% confirms this is not a PR stunt. BJ Penn really has beef with Cesar Gracie.
- Judging from the lack of Rockstar promotion at Strikeforce, it’s safe to say the energy drink company was not renewed going into 2012. Personally, I will still ‘party like a Rockstar’ since their sugar-free drinks are the best in the market. It’s in a white can. Try it out.
- A guy heckling Strikeforce ring girl, Kelli Hutcherson, was punched in the face by a fan during last night’s Strikeforce card. The puncher was thrown out of the arena. Overall, tons of random punching last night. Wild stuff.
- ONE FC sees Strikeforce removing their female featherweight division as a ‘great opportunity’ to sign top women talent for their Asian promotion.
- Don’t be surprised if Gilbert Melendez vs. BJ Penn goes down in Strikeforce at some point this year.
- It’s heavily rumored that Josh Koscheck will move to Strikeforce after his UFC contract is up.
- In a recent interview, Dana White suggested Jon Jones will face Dan Henderson in his next bout.
- It appears that Ben Askren will join the ranks of Shinya Aoki and make Evolve MMA his new home this year.
- Now that Sergio Pettis (Showtime’s little brother) has racked up his third professional MMA win, it’s rumored that Bellator looks to sign the 18-year-old prospect.