It’s another Sunday in this beautiful multiverse, and if you left your wallet in El Segundo then we share something similar. Fortunately for whoever has my wallet, it was filled with expired Barnes and Nobles gift cards. Have fun with a leather-wrapped enclosure with false literary hopes. The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill is here, and while we’re on the topic of under-appreciated hip-hop, this Rumor Mill is dedicated to Guru for the sole reason that all of you need to take a look at yourself.
- Regarding Bellator’s failed acquisition of Nate Marquardt: It appears that both parties agreed on money, but the true issue was the length of the Bellator contract. Bellator wanted a three-year deal and Nate refused with the hopes that Dana White will ultimately change his mind and let him fight in the UFC once again.
- It’s heavily rumored that a conglomerate from The Netherlands will purchase K-1 with the intent of bringing the organization to Madison Square Garden by December 2011 or early 2012. Apparently, Madison Square Garden signed a four-fight deal with TAKE ON. K-1 will be sanctioned under WKA in a collaboration with TAKE ON.
- Along with pulling heavy sponsors like Schick, Cathay Pacific Airways and Fairtex, expect a couple more gargantuan companies to sign on board before the organization’s first event in September.
- Expect four really notable names to be included in Supremacy MMA’s first downloadable content pack shortly after the game launches.
- I was told that Bas Rutten and Mark Pavelich had some ‘words’ after the taping of this week’s Inside MMA. Overall, it was a pretty confrontational show.