If you hop in a DeLorean equipped with a flux capacitor, find a stretch of highway and hit 88mph, it will still be Sunday morning here in California. I had a miniature moral struggle throughout the day in regards of publishing a couple ‘rumors’ in this feature that would most likely redefine the face of an MMA organization. However, the need to not sound like a complete gossiping idiot has won out on my need to generate a record-breaking number of hits in this article. So without further ado, The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Besides Kit Cope’s alleged ‘recording session’ with Gina Carano, MMA finally has its first sex tape. Without disclosing any names, an MMA fighter and an MMA personality decided to set-up a video camera when they were — copulating. At some point in the past few months, this couple broke up, and the MMA personality is dating another MMA fighter. Now, as of a few days ago, the MMA fighter who was initially with the MMA personality nearly published the video on the other MMA fighter’s website, but decided not to since it may negatively affect his/her MMA career. While I can’t give any names out of sheer respect for all the parties involved, in the history of MiddleEasy we have not interviewed any of these three people.
- For those who have heard the rumor that an MMA organization ‘suggested’ we remove the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill in order to re-instate our press credentials, then you’re absolutely correct. Initially, this rumor mill was going to start off with something so incredible, that I would literally need a small village of attorneys just to publish it. There’s a point where you have to disregard news that could potentially change the face of an organization solely for the sake of not being ‘that guy’. No one wants to be ‘that guy’, not even me. I’m sure the news will leak soon, but we’re definitely not going to be the ones that do so.
- At some point last year, a company who sponsored a contender fighting for a title in UFC accused the fighter of ‘throwing’ the bout and refused to pay the individual. As of today, this fighter has still not been paid.
- Maximo Blanco is currently without an agent, but he has personally propositioned UFC and Strikeforce to fight in their organization. They have not responded.
- Even though Sengoku published that rather drastic letter on their website, the organization is not necessarily ‘finished’. From a source out of Japan, they may focus on apparel.