So it’s probably not Sunday where you’re from, but in California, there’s four minutes left of Sunday so this feature isn’t quite lost. It was tough live-blogging cageside at the IZOD center where the internet was non-existent. For once, I enjoyed a card without trying to slap my fingers on the keyboard to instantly update MiddleEasy after every notable fight. Since I wasn’t there to update you guys on what happened during the fight, I’ll take this opportunity on the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill to relay some observations that I had during Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva — and throw a few rumors your way.
- Development for EA Sports MMA 2 is well underway.
- M-1 Global asked for the assistance of the New Jersey Hell’s Angels to escort them out of the IZOD Center in New Jersey. Apparently it was an issue of ‘protection’.
- Now that M-1 Global’s main attraction has lost two fights in a row, don’t be surprised if a lot of unsavory information is disclosed about the organization in the coming weeks.
- A very large MMA news site has moved its servers to Sweden in order to circumnavigate copyright infringement laws.
- During Strikeforce Fedor vs. Silva, I heard from a few sources (and fighters) that Strikeforce Japan is essentially a lock and Gilbert Melendez vs. Kawajiri and Aoki vs. Thomson is being targeted for the event.
- The documentary, The Reem, is continuing. Shooting began at the Superbowl and so far it looks like it’s going to be beyond amazing.
- Some of you are under the impression that Lee Murray will be locked away in prison for a very long time, however you may be surprised as to what’s going on. Murray has incredibly influential friends and the guy is utilizing all his resources to get out of prison as quickly as possible, perhaps even by the end of 2011.
- Someone out there is apparently vandalizing Takanori Gomi’s gym and has been doing so for weeks now.