If you haven’t finished your 200th replay of the Anderson Silva front kick to end all front kicks, then you need to take your DVR out to a restaurant, buy it a chicken plate dinner and pay for the bill because you’re going to be doing a lot of one-on-one time with it throughout the week. That’s right, I want you to date inanimate objects for the greater good of MMA. Whatever we can do to progress the sport, we must make it a priority. Date your DVR, have a one-night stand with your Xbox 360, make out with your $19.99 Epson printer that you got at Wal-Mart. It’s Sunday morning, which means that whenever you’re done hooking up with your electrical appliances, you can check out our exclusive feature called ‘The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill’, a place where friends become enemies, and enemies become mini-mes — and mini-mes become centipedes.
- Heard a pretty crazy story from a direct and reliable source that when Clinch Gear made the deal to produce Fedor’s walk-out shirt prior to his 2010 fight with Fabricio Werdum, M-1 Global wanted their payment to be delivered in cash, inside a briefcase at a public location.
- Last weekend in San Jose, I heard from another very reliable source that the UFC 121 post-fight confrontation between Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker was indeed staged and was created in order to prepare Lesnar for a return to the WWE. Fortunately (or unfortunately for some), it wasn’t successful.
- If you’ve been tweeting (twatting?) to the Twitter name SonnenCH, then you’re actually talking to the real Chael Sonnen. It’s not a fake (or Hispanic doppelganger).
- It’s not really a rumor, but I’ll include it in here anyway. The BBC and ITV contacted me last week in order to get a hold of Lee Murray. I texted Lee to see if it was alright to put them in contact with him, and he told me that he ‘wants nothing to do with them’. His phone was confiscated by authorities, but that will probably change very soon.
- The word coming out of Bigfoot Silva’s camp is that he plans to stand with Fedor and has no intention to taking the fight to the ground.
- Jon Olav Einemo was offered a spot as an alternate in the upcoming Strikeforce Heavyweight GP but apparently he turned the offer down in order to train Sergei Kharitonov.
- It’s probably not news by the time you read this, but Kid Yamamoto and Omigawa will not be cut after their UFC 126 loss.
- One of the developers that worked on the EliteXC game that was never completed claims that he has preliminary footage of the game and that he will send it to me by the end of the week. As of right now, it’s just a rumor. Skepticism for the win.