The most horrifying thing about the MMA world is a world without MMA rumors.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to MMA. It is a MMA dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between fights and rumors, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of fan’s fears and the summit of their Internet knowledge. This is the dimension of MMA imagination. It is an area which we call The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
- Rumors is Ryan Bader is closing in on free agency and Bellator would be interested if the former TUF winner hit the open market. Sources say Bader is interested in testing the free agency waters and Spike TV/Bellator’s affection for former reality show winners may cause the promotion to make him a serious offer
- In attempts to appease Jose Aldo, the idea of super-fight between him and current bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz was floated out to the Brazilian’s team. With Conor McGregor likely on the shelf for the better part of 2017, it may take something out of the ordinary to have the UFC and Aldo find a happy medium
- Despite rumors flying around to the contrary Miesha Tate and Bryan Caraway are still a couple. Expect both fighters to announce their next opponent’s soon
- Rumor are starting to leak that retired fighters such as Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira roles with the new UFC ownership group are in jeopardy. These roles among others granted to former fighters may be cut completely but at the minimum may be greatly reduced per sources
- After asking for his release from the UFC, Tatsuya Kawajiri just signed with Rizin. Expect him to appear at the big NYE show and don’t be surprised, with the up coming roster cuts, if more UFC fighters ask for their outright release before the other shoe drops
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.