What if it was all as set-up? Do late night backstage handshake only deals between UFC President Dana White and WWE Chairman Vince McMahon happen in untraceable locations? Was CM Punk a pawn on a giant UFC and WWE colored chessboard? Is Brock Lesnar also a pewter piece on this mythical playing field?
Always possible. Maybe. Could be. Likely.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
One of MMA’s best rumor in decades about millionaires trading secret moves with other millionaires might all circle back to a conspiracy theory wrapped in a beef alert , tied up and sealed with another rumor. Turn off your electronics, slowly close the curtains, find an undisclosed location in your home because this is your post-UFC 203 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Rumor is Chael “Basically Clean” Sonnen has received the results of his first drug test from a four month testing cycle and he has passed with flying Oregon colors. Sonnen wants to fight this year if the four month testing ends in time, which is unlikely but. …big maybe but Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 3 has been floated out there and sent to the MMA Gods
- To heal your Robbie Lawler wounds and dry your tears. Matchmakers have spoken about doing Cowboy Cerrone vs Matt Brown, which may be in the works for UFC 205
- With company officials looking to “build him up more” rumor is a UFC Russia event is on the horizon and none other than Khabib Nurmagomedov would be headlining act; in a showcase fight that should earn The Bear Hunter a title shot in 2017.
- The USADA versus Bones Jones saga adds another chapter. Talks are that the sanctions USADA might impose on Jon Jones may be handed down as early as next week. Team Bones is still confident the ruling will be favorable towards the UFC 205 pound GOAT
- Chris Weidman and Yoel Romero is rumored for UFC 205 main card in New York. The fight would serve as a title shot eliminator and could be announced very soon
- Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate is back in camp. Tate looking for a big fight before the end of the year. Options for a super-fight or a number one contender’s fight have been set as guidelines for Tate’s return to UFC action.
- Rumors have it that even if CM Punk wanted to take another fight outside the UFC, his contract would make him jump through many, many, many hoops. Think no compete clauses and fights in promotion you may have only vaguely heard of if Punk ever chooses a non-UFC option.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.