Was this a quite week in our favorite never ending reality show known as mixed martial arts? What gives? What are you trying to pull here MMA? If MMA is your real name, don’t worry the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill won’t dox you.
So what happened this week in MMA? Weird shit went down per usually but can we get a littler weirder? You’ve set the bar MMA, don’t be made at us when you only tumble over instead of nearly breaking your neck on it.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Roll your combat sports offerings into a soft flour burrito and consume it this morning with a side of tasty Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- With Ronda Rousey’s first WWE title match set for June 17th, expect the former UFC champion to appear on Raw even more. Too popular of celebrity to be in an under card feud right now, the WWE feels Rousey is ready to be a champion as well as one of the face’s of the brand heading into the summer.
- Now with a new management team, Paul Daley is now targeting a return to the UFC once his Bellator contract has run it’s course. Daley’s new agent has a direct pipeline to UFC higher ups and the promotion has showed renewed interest in signing him again.
- At 40 years of age it looks like Demian Maia will retire at the end of his UFC contract. If it times out, Maia will likely retire early in 2019 with a a final fight in Brazil.
- After months and months of rumors, Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz part three will happen in 2018. Liddell is in the process of acquiring a fighter’s license and the trilogy fight will possibly go down in the state of California, sometime in September or October.
- Former WWE world heavyweight champion and Oklahoma All-American wrestler Jack Swagger will look to make his MMA debut with Bellator by the end of 2018. The six foot seven Swagger will compete at heavyweight for Bellator.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.