Dustin Poirier and Justin Gaethje are MMA. Sometimes all you need in the sport of human cage fighting is a little Dustin Poirier and Justin Gaethje. A great fight from bell to bell is a cover all for the sport’s warts and power-up the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
Tyrannical owners, underpaid workers, wild ass shit talk and horrible attitudes to one gender are just few of the MMA’s problems that popped up in the week the was. You know typical MMA stuff from our favorite sport of all-time.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Enjoy the fresh air, love MMA for what it is, not what it isn’t and always check in with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Where there’s smoke, there’s fire and the UFC may be closer than ever to announcing a brand new TV contract. A lot of rumors leaked over the week and some are more true than others. The UFC will likely add weight classes as part of their new TV contract but will not reduce their number of pay-per-views significantly. Rumors of the UFC’s next TV contract being spread across multiple networks ( or platforms) does seem almost a sure thing at this point.
- Still the WWE’s top champion, Brock Lesnar is rumored to be a big part of the promotion’s plans until at least late summer. Through the end of the year, Lesnar may ping pong between the UFC and WWE more than a few times.
- Finally cleared from the clutches of USADA and the NSAC, Nick Diaz is wanting to return to the cage as soon as possible. Rumors expect the UFC to utilize Diaz in some kind of co-main event slot at middleweight or welterweight in 2018.
- Despite rumors to the contrary, it looks like Carlos Condit will fight at least one more time for the UFC.
- Huge if true, but word is the WWE have began talks of booking Ronda Rousey in the main event of WrestleMania 35 next year.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.