Skip to Content

Nick Diaz Domestic Violence Charges Dropped

Nick Diaz Domestic Violence Charges Dropped

Nick Diaz, Cleared Of Domestic Violence Charges After Judge In Las Vegas Justice Court, Dismissed The Case

Earlier on Thursday, Las Vegas’s judge dismissed the domestic violence case against Nick Diaz after District Attorney refused to move forward according to MMAFighting.

UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz was arrested back in May after allegedly injuring a female friend and initially charged with domestic battery and felony by strangulation. Later Diaz was released from the Clark County Detention Center on $18,000 bond. Moreover, he was also facing three felony charges, two counts of domestic battery by strangulation and one for domestic battery for substantial bodily harm.

Back in July, a grand jury declined to indict the UFC fighter, but district attorney’s office decided to move forward with the case.

“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.

Attorney Ross Goodman also said he believes the violence charges dismissed are “vindication” for Diaz in this ordeal.

“Throughout this ordeal [the alleged victim] has given multiple inconsistent versions of what occurred and recently testified before the Grand Jury to a third version,” Goodman said in a statement. “Further, the medical records made clear that [the alleged victim] did not suffer any fractures, subluxation of dislocation, soft tissue damage or any substantial bodily injuries expected from such allegations. The videos she posted prior to this incident clearly shows someone who is motivated by revenge because Nick was seeing other women. Truth delayed is better than no truth at all and I trust that the ultimate dismissal of all charges with prejudice will be viewed as total vindication for Nick and clears his name from being associated with such horrific but false allegations.”

Diaz (26-9) didn’t compete since January of 2015. Stockton slugger was suspended for one year by the (USADA) for missing his whereabouts, but later he was reinstated so he can return to UFC Octagon. UFC froze his contract until the legal process is complete, now it seems his return is imminent as his road is clear ahead.

For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
Diego Sanchez Exposes Donald Cerrone After Jackson Wink MMA Comments
← Read Last Post
Sage Northcutt calls out Logan Paul
Sage Northcutt calls out Logan Paul in the nicest way. Did the UFC tell him to?
Read Next Post →