Hello, UFC 202 fight week. Even when a quite MMA weekend allows the community to hibernate before a long fight week, rumors never nap. By next Sunday morning, either Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor will have altered the MMA story arc forever with how they win at UFC 202.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
Our bodies are ready for UFC 202 but first we must rumor. Here is your pre-UFC 202 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
- I’m not surprised mother fuckers. All UFC plans point to this scenario as being nearly written in stone. If Nate Diaz beats Conor McGregor he’ll jump to the front of the line at lightweight and get Eddie Alvarez in his next fight. A classic Diaz post-fight call out is on the table
- Tyron Woodley says GSP texted him very soon after his UFC 201 win over Robbie Lawler. “I’m in” and he replied back “Let’s do it” sources say how the exchange went down. However, GSP just entered the required 4 month USADA testing pool, so unless they make an exception he can’t fight Woodley until December which rules out the UFC MSG show.
- The return of Monday Night Mac? Industry insiders said Conor McGregor’s infamous promo on the WWE roster would lead to business for Mystic Mac in pro wrestling, but, now rumors say the controversy may have killed a “minor” angle the two companies had in the works
- Rumors about Ronda Rousey returning to the UFC are once again heating up. Now the word is not if but when the former UFC champion will return to the cage. Early 2017 is likely the new target date, possibly the big Super Bowl weekend show
- Looking more and more likely that bantamweight beast Marlon Moraes will resign with WSOF again for 4 more fights. After 12 wins in a row and 4 title defenses, you have to assume he will attempt some super fights or perhaps a dual championship fight before his “new” contract is up. That is, if he can keep winning.
- Sorry soccer fans. ONE Championship is said to be making soccer kicks to a downed opponent an illegal strike inside their cage. The hope for ONE, as they expand into brand new markets in 2017, is a more UFC-style rule set will help their popularity grow and attract hotter free agents
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.