Invicta FC 20, UFC Belfast, Bellator 165 AND UFC Sao Paulo all went down in the span of one 24-hour period. One week removed from UFC 205, the Fight Gods decided the only way to separate hardcore from casual MMA fans was to make their eyeballs run a marathon to the death. If your brain is still computing all the weekend results through your central processor, have no fear because the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill will slowly meld your mind back together again.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
While you comb over your Invicta, UFC and Bellator November 18-19th 2016 vision board for the seventh time, lay on the floor while the Earth rotates around you and glance over to your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Demian Maia’s gauntlet continues as it looks like a rumored fight between the human backpack and none other than Robbie Lawler may be in the works. Sources say if Maia beats Lawler, splits the atom, hikes Mount Everest, invents a time machine AND finds a self-sustainable water source on Mars he will then likely be granted a UFC title shot
- Rumor is the plan for Brock Lesnar’s return to WWE at the Survivor Series pay per view is apparently for him to beat Goldberg but for Goldberg to get a Hall of Fame worthy send off in the post-match fallout. Then look for Lesnar to take time off until a early 2017 return to the ring
- Khabib Nurmagomedov has plans in mind already if he truly does leave the UFC pending him being denied a title shot once again. No words yet but the brewing, ROAD FC Lightweight tournament for a cool million could be on his mind or some other non-US action is rumored to be on the table for him
- Rumor is with Executive Vice President of Talent Triple H in attendance at UFC 205 it may be the start to more potential UFC to WWE crossover. Sources say the new UFC ownership group appears to be more open to getting their fighters some spotlight with outside the cage ventures.
- It looks like UFC 202 is still the company’s pay per view king but sources says UFC 205 was highly successful at the box office. UFC 205: McGregor vs Alvarez very early pay per view estimates point to somewhere between 1.4 million and 1.6 million buys. If these numbers hold true, UFC 205 would land above the UFC 194 and UFC 196 Conor McGregor anchored events
- Huge if true but it looks like Conor McGregor won’t be back until May 2017 which is when his child is expected. Tin foil hat theory is the office in Las Vegas knew in advance and used this as a negotiation tactic to keep Jose Aldo when they had that private talk with Dana White that made him do a 180 on his UFC disdain. Look for McGregor to be stripped of featherweight title sometime in 2017 and a bout booked between winner of Anthony Pettis versus Max Holloway against Jose Aldo for undisputed UFC 145 pound championship. If this road map holds true then sources say all signs point to Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov booked for number one contender fight in early 2017
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.