UFC 226 was orgasmic. All the bullshit aside, when MMA is done right, human cage fighting is the greatest sport on Earth. With a great event, come great rumors to super-charge the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Stop your stay-cation, return to reality, and enjoy your post-UFC 226 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Contrary to popular belief the latest rumor is Brock Lesnar fighting one more time in the UFC is a good sign for his current WWE deal.The UFC, WWE and Lesnar are working hand-in-hand to insure all parties involved get the most money out the situation.
- Contract wise it looks like Lesnar’s deal with the WWE runs past the summer while his next UFC fight versus Daniel Cormier will happen sometime in December 2018 or Super Bowl weekend 2019. Depending on the outcome of the heavyweight title fight, Lesnar may return to the WWE in time for WrestleMania.
- Rumors have floated out that Cormier may defend his light heavyweight title one time before he faces Lesnar, depending how scheduling lines up.
- Huge if true but this may not be the last time the UFC and WWE work on a project in the coming months.
- Small rumor but gaining some traction, the fight Nick Diaz talked about taking in 2019 surprisingly may not be with the UFC.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.