Welcome back Sunday Morning Rumor Mill…..we’ve missed you. Over the past several months a steady flow of MMA rumors have constantly passed between all of MiddleEasy’s satellite offices. With the UFC holding not one but three cards during their annual International Fight Week, the river of MMA rumors has been too great for us contain. The time is now to go big or go home to *insert latest UFC catchphrase here* with all these MMA rumors swirling around us.
UFC 200 is less than a week away and maybe a new SMRM is better alternative to nibbling off your fingernails in anticipation.
We must share. Sharing is caring and sharing rumors from the inner workings of the MMA industry is one level above caring. As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
Dust off your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill pants because this is the return of MiddleEasy’s The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
- Plans are for Brock Lesnar to appear on WWE television for the Raw vs. Smackdown draft special on July 19. The Lesnar WWE TV return is still highly dependent on the outcome of his fight with Mark Hunt at UFC 200. A brutal loss by Brock could push his WWE return back a little further.
- Test your might. Ronda Rousey is rumored to be in talks of playing Sonya Blade in the new Mortal Kombat movie to be released in 2017!! Look out for other potential huge Rousey movie deals to be cut in the next few months.
- The returns of Lesnar and Fedor have made MMA heavyweights hotter than ever. With the UFC always looking for heavyweight depth don’t be surprised if Shane Carwin makes a comeback to the cage if he has fully recharged his batteries in retirement
- Old school Grand prixes make everything better. With the big RIZIN event coming in Sept. with the first portion of the Openweight Gran Prix, which will conclude in the annual NYE show, Sakakibara & Co. may be looking to get Benson Henderson and Rampage Jackson in on their Bellator talent pooling deal.
- With their broadcast partnership, ending in less than 24 months the UFC’s relationship with Fox has been a little more wavy in 2016. If they stay with Fox or go to another network, the UFC will be one of the few television sport’s properties up for bid in the next four years and the promotion anticipates a healthy bidding war for their MMA content between a number of sport’s networks.
- Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping 2 looks to be 99.99% certain. Though Dan Henderson is currently a UFC free agent, don’t expect him to sign elsewhere with a Michael Bisping fight on the table. If Dan Henderson fights and wins the Middleweight Title, he may retire and vacate the belt…….or Hendo gon’ Hendo and fight out a rumored mini-contract. #HendorNeverRetire
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.