Michelle Waterson has got to be the most entertaining female mixed martial artist not currently fighting for the UFC. She has a tremendously marketable personality, won ten of her last eleven fights, and just destroyed Yasuko Tamada during her first Invicta Atomweight title defense. On paper, she’s the kind of woman I want my daughter to grow up to be, but preferably less attractive, for obvious reasons.
We already know Waterson will headline the event, defending her belt against Herica Tiburcio. Now, Invicta has released the full fight card:
- Atomweight Title Fight: Michelle Waterson (12-3) vs. Herica Tiburcio (8-2)
- Bantamweight: Tonya Evinger (14-5) vs. Cindy Dandois (5-1)
- Flyweight: Vanessa Porto (17-6) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (16-11)
- Flyweight: Jennifer Maia (9-3-1) vs. DeAnna Bennett (5-0)
- Featherweight: Charmaine Tweet (6-4) vs. Faith van Duin (4-1)
- Bantamweight: Irene Aldana (4-1) vs. Marion Reneau (4-1)
- Featherweight: Peggy Morgan (2-2) vs. Andria Wawro (3-1)
- Strawweight: Alexa Grasso (5-0) vs. Alida Gray (4-1)
- Atomweight: Jinh Yu Frey (2-1) vs. Cassie Robb (0-2)
- Flyweight: Rachael Ostovich (1-1) vs. Evva Johnson (1-0)
Tonya Evinger lost her elimination fight on The Ultimate Fighter last August and didn’t make it into the house. That was disappointing, because we never got to watch her spill her sixth Corona on Miesha Tate. But aside from her loss on the show, she’s on a five-fight win streak, and should entertain in her fight against Dandois.
If you aren’t excited for this card, watch this gif a few dozen times and pray to the MMA gods for forgiveness.