From sober weightlifting Jon Jones to crying at his own press conference Jon Jones. The former UFC light heavyweight champ and maybe the greatest fighter of all-time, Jon Jones has fallen hard in the last 24 hours. Bones the Sport Killer doesn’t even sum up half the problems Jones is currently facing.
Jones went from headlining the biggest card in UFC history to now a possible two year suspension from the cage courtesy of failed USADA test on June 16th.
This morning in Las Vegas Team Jones held a press conference in which Bones walked out on it at one point, apologized, cried, apologized again, and then cried again. Also Chael Sonnen asked Jones a pretty good question that caused Bones to burst into even more tears. Score one for Chael we suppose.
Unlike UFC 151, UFC 200 will not go quietly into the night. Brock Lesnar versus Mark Hunt is your new UFC 200 main event and according to sources Daniel Cormier still wants to fight at this milestone event. Here are five opponents that could step in on less than 48 hours notice, get locked in a cage with DC and save UFC 200.
5. Gegard Mousasi saves the day and subs DC in round one
— Gegard Mousasi (@mousasi_mma) July 7, 2016
4. Alexander Gustafsson flies in from a different continent and upsets DC in a classic five round decision
— Alexander Gustafsson (@AlexTheMauler) July 7, 2016
3. Roy Nelson fights twice in one week and knocks out DC in round one
— Roy Nelson (@roynelsonmma) July 7, 2016
2. Michael Bisping takes another short notice title fight and wins another UFC belt in the process when he upsets DC
2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days…… Hmmm middle vs light heavy???? I stand by my words. I'd do it!
— michael (@bisping) July 7, 2016
1. Sorry (again) DC…….boot Cormier off the card and book Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor Part Two as the new main event for UFC 200 today!!!
I wonder if there's any regret taking him off the card over a press conference now?
— Coach Kavanagh (@John_Kavanagh) July 7, 2016
UPDATE: Dana White says DC will fight this weekend
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) July 7, 2016