Ugh. So now what am I supposed to do, preorder the game from four different retailers just so I can get all of the fighters and features that should probably be in the game in the first place? Sure, I understand the importance of solid DLC to help the bottom line with all of the used game shops cutting out profits and clogging the game makers server bandwidth with secondhand sales, but what about the guys that are going to buy the game from you in the first place? Your core fans, the ones you depend on. Sadly those are the same people that will end up spending an extra $10-$20 on the now common “launch DLC” (that is probably stored on the disc somewhere anyways) instead of being rewarded for being so loyal.
Off the soapbox.
We broke the UFC Undisputed contender pack a few weeks ago but today IGN finished compiling all of the preorder bonuses for the forthcoming UFC Undisputed 3. Here they are.
Contenders Fight Pack
• Jason “Mayhem” Miller
• Brian Stann
• Phil Davis
• Nick Diaz
Early Access Pass
• 150 in-game items for created fighters, including t-shirts, hoodies and caps, as well as a variety of unique nicknames like “The Prince of Pain,” “Wild Thing” and “The Bone Collector.”
• Access to new bouts in Ultimate Fights Mode, including Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (UFC 121), Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin (UFC 115) and Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin (UFC 101)
• “Legendary Chuck Liddell” playable fighter
Ultimate Fights: Knockout Pack
• Five of the most memorable knockouts in UFC history for use with Ultimate Fights Mode (a “challenge-based system that encourages players to recreate famous UFC fights in order to unlock authentic fight montages, behind the scenes footage and fighter interviews.”)
Ultimate Knockout Artist Boost Pack
• Allows a player to “build his or her own specially created knockout artist using instant upgrade tips from UFC Undisputed 3 game designers. This boost to a player’s Create-a-Fighter will save an estimated 8-10 hours of gameplay time that would traditionally be spent training the ideal knockout artist.”
Unbelievable. I want my little Nick Diaz and I want to save my estimated 8-10 hours of gameplay but I also want legendary Chuck who can only be submitted by Jeremy Horn while wearing a huge variety of t-shirts, hoodies and caps. I want it all!