For those that watched UFC Calgary and Rizin 11 back to back, we salute. You are the elite level of MMA fandom and the world needs more of you. You deserve all the blessings in life and maybe Poirier vs. Ferguson bloodbath later this year.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Stay hydrated out there and always stay stocked with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- With a Brock Lesnar fight looking unavailable until 2019, sources say Daniel Cormier is considering another fight at 205 pounds before retirement. This move would allow DC to get two paydays before he retires but puts the huge Lesnar fight in jeopardy
- Looking to keep stacking their MSG show, rumor is the UFC has put out feelers to none other than Georges St. Pierre’s camp about one more match. Fights at welterweight and middleweight have reportedly been discussed
- Don’t be surprised if more rumors pop up for one more Rizin Grand Prix going down before the end of 2018
- Huge if true but it looks Dustin Poirier vs. Tony Ferguson is being discussed by the UFC. The rumor target date for this matchup would be the stacked MSG show in November
- Rumors are still running that CM Punk may return to pro wrestling before the end of the year. Indie promotions in Japan and North America have reached out to the former WWE world champion
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.