Yet another layer in the Awesome Blossom that is the main event of UFC 158 has been peeled back and revealed to the world with this truly epic interview with Georges St-Pierre. That may be the only Chile’s appetizer analogy in the history of MMA, but GSP/Diaz has been giving on a consistent basis for years at this point, so they are deserving of a reference to the family restaurant. In reacting to Nick Diaz’s no-show of todays UFC 158 open workout, GSP stepped up to Ariel Helwani’s mic and shifted into his Dark Side.
Highlights of what’s within:
- GSP ‘despises’ answering the same questions over and over, and doesn’t like fulfilling of his media obligations either, so it’s unfair what Nick is doing.
- GSP goes into detail about social media, and his role in it. Extrapolates about not wanting to live his life on the phone like some people, wishes he was on a battlefield thousands of years ago.
- GSP pretty much ready to be over with Nick Diaz. Says everything is ‘getting old’ and it’s ‘taking away his en-air-gee.’
- GSP’s recollection of the conference call is pretty funny, admits both of them were out of line and says ‘both of us were not making sense,’ hypothesizes on what scientists in 1000 years will think of the conversation.
- GSP talks about ‘getting personal’ with his opponents.
- Clarifies the ‘Dark Place’ and thinks he might have said it during recording for another fight. Very paranoid moment.
- He believes Nick will show up on Saturday.