200 years from now when combat sports historians look back at 2018, Bare knuckle boxing and CamSoda Legends may be the highlights of the first six months of the year. Seriously. We all love a beautifully dumb sport and we also all the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Before you cannonball into the nearest body of water today, check in on your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill so you have something to talk about with your fellow swimmers when you rise to the surface.
- Huge but not true, the rumors of the UFC doing a lightweight or any other kind of tournament are simply not true. The UFC has always liked control and despite a Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, GSP and Nate Diaz bracket looking tasty to everyone involved, the UFC never seriously considered it. When in doubt, the UFC will avoid labeling any sort of match making a “tournament” at all costs.
- Currently on month one of a two month pro wrestling vacation, rumor is Brock Lesnar’s next WWE title defense will headline their SummerSlam pay-per-view in August. Seth Rollins is currently the top choice to be Lesnar’s opponent.
- After a successful first show, rumor is Bare Knuckle FC is already looking at doing another US show before the end of the year.
- Michael Venom Page’s upcoming boxing bout was not only approved by Bellator but the MMA promotion encouraged MVP to take the fight to stay busy, build his brand.
- So less than 10 days until his second UFC fight on Jun 9, CM Punk has spent the majority of days locked in a cival trial with a WWE employed doctor at a courthouse in Chicago. With the decked already stacked against him, age and lack of experience, rumors are being tossed out that the dates of the civil trial between WWE’s Dr. Chris Amann versus Punk and Colt Cabana may be more than a coincidence.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.