Sunday Morning Rumor Mill intensifying. Ain’t no party like a pro wrestling vs. MMA fans party. Since roughly 2005, a segment of the MMA and pro wrestling fan base hate each other.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Grab your wrestling buddy, chug a XYIENCE Energy Drink as you watch UFC Fight Pass and WWE Network on dual screens because this is your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Fresh off a meeting with Triple H, the Ronda Rousey have only amplified. Rumors still point to Rousey debuting with the WWE at the 2018 Royal Rumble.
- Huge if true, but it looks like the UFC and the WWE are going head to head behind the scenes. With the UFC current TV deal up in 2018 and the WWE’s deal up in 2019, networks are now leveraging the two properties against one another. Fox is at the center of the UFC vs. WWE contract negotiations.
- If the UFC walks away from Fox, the WWE would serve as the network’s plan ‘B’. Rumor is Fox does not want to increase the UFC’s current TV rights deal of $200 million but would rather have WWE programming on Fox and FS1 instead. Fox is reportedly offering the WWE $400 million for a new broadcast deal that would include airing Raw on big Fox and SmackDown on FS1.
- As an act of brilliance, greed or desperation talks of Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor part two have been picking up steam for the past few weeks. All sides of the table may believe there is just too much money left to be had by not going with a sequel to the boxing vs. MMA super-fight. 2018 you are fucking crazy for this.
- Rumor is the UFC have already pivoted to Vitor Belfort’s next and perhaps final UFC fight. The promotion appears to finalizing a deal to have Belfort take on Michael Bisping in te first half of 2018, which would serve as a farewell fight for both former champs.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.