Ferguson’s next opponent, Mighty Mouse vs. a 135er and more in the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
Welcome to the first Sunday Morning Rumor Mill of the Ferguson era. In world where every other word has a capital letter, Tony Ferguson is your new UFC interim lightweight champion. The buzz killing word “interim” will be eliminated from the English dictionary during this latest MMA era.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Tell your staph infection checking buddy to not come over for your monthly check up just yet and check out the latest germ edition of your post-UFC 216 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Huge if true, but in an ideal world the UFC would welcome back Conor McGregror with open arms and he would defend his real lightweight title versus UFC 216 winner Tony Ferguson. In eyes of Team McGregor, Ferguson falls a distant third behind Diaz and Malignaggi on tvhe list of the champ’s wanted opponent; and more importantly what will get him the biggest payday.
- Rumor is Mighty Mouse’s next opponent will have to come from the UFC’s current bantamweight roster. UFC matchmakers are near out of ideas for flyweights and may be asking some well-known 135ers if they can make the cut.
- The rumor floating around is UFC officials were aware of Derrick Lewis’ back problems for more than a few months and booked him in a key PPV spot in spite of the injury. Though the UFC were surprised Lewis informed them of the cancellation on such short notice
- It looks like former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is now officially booked for WWE’s Survivor Series pay-per-view. Top on WWE’s list for Lesnar’s next opponent is Finn Balor
- To surprise of many within the UFC, UFC 216 may be bordering on an all-time flop financially. The earlys numbers are tracking it to be one of the lowest attended, gate money and PPV buys sold UFC event of the last five years.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.