If you are still stuck in a post-Salt Lake City haze, we are here to help. Buried deep under the city of lakes are rumors but also anticipation for UFC 202, which is now less than two weeks away. At press time, all things are quite in both the Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor camps.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
Invite your bae over because it’s always a good time to try to SMRM and chill. This the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- With a rematch versus Cro Cop in the poll position. It sounds like Fedor’s next fight has been narrowed down to Russia or Japan as locations. Look for The GOAT to fight one more time in 2016
- With UFC 205 still without a headlining fight, Team Stephen Thompson has been saying he is fighting Tyron Woodley for the welterweight title at Madison Square Garden no matter what other super-fights have been floated out there
- Money talks. Other UFC Bidders when they went up for sale in late 2015 include: Focus Media, China Media Capiyal, FountainVest, Boyu Cap & Carlyle Group, Dalian Wanda Group, & group led by former UFC/SEG point man Campbell McLaren. The UFC was close to selling to China Media Capital for $3.95B up to final hour until WME/IMG found backers decided to increase bid again up to $4B
- Signs late last week point to the UFC looking to do Eddie Alvarez vs Khabib Nurmagomedov in Philadelphia, PA; possibly to anchor a free fight night card later in the year
- The life of an Outlaw. Former welterweight title challenger and current UFC analysis Dan Hardy is supposedly undergoing testing to see if he is going to be allowed to return to fight in the UFC
- A possible penalty for embarrassing the UFC and the WWE at post-UFC 200? Sources say Randy Orton is expected to win his match versus Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.