The best things in life are not free. A fine wine, a great gun, or the hard fought knock out in the 3rd round, all have to be bought or worked for. There are many different ways to pay for things. For me, getting to eat great food is the reward and the extra hours in the gym are the payment. Other times it’s the running with eyes wide open into a recipe that is packed with cheese knowing that one has a certain sensitivity to lactose proves to be payment. Again the reward is worth the pain. I think I have developed into somewhat of a sensationalist in my old age. I love the contrasts of life. The starvation of cutting weight from being a 220 pound guy that fights at 185 pounds. The feeling of coming home after a 6 month combat deployment or feeling the hot water in the shower sting your fingers and toes after being in a sniper hide for 3 days in freezing temperatures. The highs and the lows, the cold and the hot…this recipe is definitely a high.
What you will need
· 5oz tub of Gorgonzola cheese
· 2 10oz cans of cream of mushroom soup
· 16oz Gnocchi
· 12 ounces assorted fresh mushrooms, such as chanterelle, cremini, and Portobello.
· 1cup Milk
· 4 Tablespoons of flour
· 2 8oz chicken breast
· Olive oil
· Garlic salt
· Start a medium pot of water to boil.
· Sauté mushrooms in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, and garlic salt (to your taste). When the mushrooms have browned pull out and set aside.
· Heat a skillet or frying pan to medium and drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and allow to heat through. Place your 2 chicken breasts in pan and allow to cook for 7 or 8 minutes or until brown and golden adding garlic salt to your taste. Flip and repeat until chicken breast is cooked. I like adding oregano, basil, and rosemary to the chicken while it’s cooking.
· In a sauce pan add the two cans of cream of mushroom soup, milk, and slowly add the flower. Once the flower has cooked in add the mushrooms.
· Once the water has started to boil add the gnocchi. This only takes a few minutes to cook (I’m a big fan of Gia Russa brand)
· Once the gnocchi starts rising to the top of the water add your Gorgonzola cheese to your sauce.
· Strain your gnocchi, plate your chicken breast, add your gnocchi and pour your sauce over them both…
Enjoy but stay angry my friends.