In weekend without an UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship or even Moat Fighting, the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill abides. There are no off weeks for MMA rumors.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
How will we spend our MMA free Sunday? Probably watching some MMA, attempting to define words and then checking out your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- With boxing still an strong option (Zuffa boxing?), Conor McGregor’s next MMA fight could be becoming clearer. Rumors are picking up that McGregor could meet Georges St. Pierre in a catch-weight main event on a late summer UFC card.
- On the rocks with Fox Sports, UFC may be thinking outside the box with their next multi-year TV contract. Looking to boost their own Fight Pass platform, the UFC has been thinking about crossing over to a strong online entertainment company like Amazon or Hulu for their live events.
- Huge if true, but their have been rumors that Ronda Rousey may work a WWE house show before WrestleMania 34 and may even have some form of in-ring action at the televised live event.
- As rumored early last month, Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whittaker looks to be set for a June UFC pay-per-view.
- Rumors point to the WWE already preparing for Brock Lesnar leaving pro wrestling for good. It now looks like Lesnar may be out of the WrestleMania main event and bumped lower on the card. The WWE may even be working on back-up plans for the off chance Lesnar does not show-up for his scheduled dates.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.