Conor McGregor Settles Artem Lobov Lawsuit Over Proper No. 12 Sale Before Trial

Lobov’s profit claim over the whiskey business is over after both sides reached a settlement in court.

Conor Mcgregor
Conor Mcgregor - Image via Instagram

Conor McGregor and Artem Lobov have settled their legal fight over Proper No. 12 before the case reached trial.

According to court reporting from the Irish Independent, Lobov’s attorney Andrew Walker told the judge a settlement had been reached and the matter no longer needed to go forward. The terms were not disclosed. Lobov had sued McGregor over the whiskey business, claiming he was owed 5 percent of the profits based on an alleged verbal agreement tied to the launch of the brand. McGregor denied there was ever such an agreement.

The lawsuit centered on the sale of the whiskey brand. McGregor and his business partners sold Proper No. 12 to Proximo Spirits in 2021 for $600 million, which is why Lobov’s claim became a major legal fight. Lobov’s position was that he helped launch the brand and was later pushed out once the money got serious.

McGregor’s attorney Mark Lynam also read a statement in court from the former UFC champion.

“I want to thank him for his hard work for my whiskey business,” McGregor said about Lobov.

Lobov did not go into the settlement details after the hearing, but he reportedly said he was “happy with the resolution” before leaving court.

Conor McGregor and Artem Lobov close out a long split

This was not just a business dispute between two distant names. McGregor and Lobov were once close teammates and friends, and Lobov stayed alongside McGregor during some of the biggest moments of his rise. Long before this settlement, MiddleEasy had already covered Lobov’s side of the Proper No. 12 story when Lobov said the whiskey brand was his idea.

The case also lands during a strange stretch in McGregor’s career. He has not fought since his loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264 in 2021, but his name keeps circling between comeback talk and business headlines. MiddleEasy has also covered Ariel Helwani’s report on McGregor’s expected return timeline. Outside the cage, McGregor has also moved into acting with Road House and into combat sports ownership through BKFC.

Lobov’s own career took a different route. After his UFC run, he fought in BKFC, including bouts with Jason Knight and Paulie Malignaggi. The friendship between the two men did not survive the Proper No. 12 fight, but the lawsuit itself is now done.

Published on April 15, 2026 at 8:26 pm
Stay up-to-date with the latest MMA news, rumors, and updates by following the RED Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Also, don't forget to add MiddleEasy to your Google News feed Follow us on Google News for even more coverage.

Related

Leave a Comment